Pages

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

                                                                        The Piano
                                                                              ~Part 4



      "What do you mean, outcast?" Tom repeated. The fox sighed again.
      "It's a long story, but if you have the time, I'll tell you," The black fox looked unsure. Tom nodded. The fox cleared his throat, took a deep breath, and, in his raspy voice, began.
      "My name is Zaro. I used to live in a large fox colony-"
      "Where?" Tom interrupted excitedly.
      "In a magical land," the fox answered. Tom shrugged, rolled his eyes, and shook his head.
      "Like I said, I lived in a fox colony. I was the leader's son. One day, one fox, who had always envied and hated me, pinned the blame of some crime he did on me when I didn't do it! Then everyone hated me and they threw me out of the colony to starve-"
      "So that's when you became an outcast?!" Tom interrupted again.The fox sighed, annoyed.
      "Yes! Now please! Let me finish!"
      "Oh, proceed..."
     "Thank you! As I was saying before you so rudely interrupted me,"(The fox looked meaningfully at Tom)" they threw me out. In the forest, I endured many hardships. Of course, I was strong enough! But one hardship drove me out. The return of my arch nemesis!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment